Thursday 2 May 2013

3b continued.

As actors are we not "playing detective" searching for the meaning, that resides within the text? We discuss, we explore. But  the meaning is out there just waiting for us to identify with it?
I'd like to think so. However, as we discuss the text, I am surely drawing on my own experience of reality, imagining, and reforming my understanding of that reality. I then present this to the group, who go through a process of accepting, discounting or embelishing on it.The work is internalised. As an actor I search within to find meaning for the external world. Is this not Constructivism ?

Connectivism

Connectivism, from what I can make out is state of learning, where the foundations of knowledge are constantly evolving. This knowledge is not just drawn from the individuals in a network, but also from external data ie The Internet. The rate at which the knowledge is acquired, is speedy. The desire to have the latest knowledge, high.
This definitely ties in with my professional network.
There are always new opinions on acting, that need to be acknowledge. Opinions can turn into trends. Trends can turn into established practice (for a period of time, anyway).
These acting theories are discussed in the network. It is an even playing field. Any one view can affect the shaping of the knowledge, influence the learning.

All three theories draw on experience to facilitate learning. Constructivism and Objectivism seek internal and external truth. Definitive meaning.
Whilst Connectivism recognises that knowledge as a foundation is constantly reshaping. Meaning is constantly redefined.

So, where do I stand with these theories in my networking practice. Somewhere between all three, if truth be told.
I believe knowledge resides inside the individual. It is shaped by our experiences and interaction with the world around us.
I also believe that the average knowledge we need to function within our chosen profession is vast and ever updating. I cannot contain it all, so I defer some of that responsibility to the Internet and to my friends. Both are recpeticals of knowledge that can be accessed at a later time.
Lastly I like to believe that certain working practices are exercises in investigation, and that learning can be achieved by just asking the right questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment