Friday 17 May 2013

Best of times. Worst of times.

Had a great audition for a commercial. The premise was that I was to be a man who had just knocked down a motorcyclist. I had to react accordingly.
By the end of the audition, the casting director said she had a lump in her throat.
I took this to mean I had a shot (though this is no guarantee).
My agent emailed me to confirm I had the part.
On the day of filming the commercial was shot from the motorcyclists perspective. This meant no one else would be seen. However the director had a change of heart. And so I found myself centre stage. I was directed through my scene and we filmed about six variation.
It was great to be on set with a crew of 30+ watching on as my scene was shot. Extras were used in the background and the public were kept at the ends of the street. The responsibility to deliver was both frightening and exhilarating.
I went home, feeling I had achieved something.
However a week later, my agent got a letter saying I had done a great job, but didn't make the final edit.
I feel disappointed and frustrated.
I have gone over it in my mind. But the bottom line is, if I let it get to me then Im in the wrong profession.
Take a breath. Stay calm. Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment