Wednesday 27 March 2013

Reflective Practice Task 2a

I have started to make entries into my journal and thought I'd share one with you.
I have recently moved into a new house-share, and it is proving to be the house-share from hell.
Since I moved, I have not been able to write anything.
I attended a script brainstorming session on Sunday, and the ideas were not forth coming.
I reflected on this and felt my lack of creativity was directly linked to my current uneasy feeling.
My external life was affecting my internal life.
Was there a way I could compartmentalise my mind?
I have often read of artists creating some of their best work, while struggling with far greater adversity than mine.
Do they throw themselves into their work?
Perhaps I needed to embrace my feelings of dread, depression and anger?
As a motivational springboard, I found these feelings fruitless.
Then I reflected on my current situation again.
Sure, I am unhappy about it, but I am hopeful for the future.
Thats when it hit me. Instead of looking for inspiration in the dark, I should turn my attention to the light at the end of the tunnel.
It's just a thought.....born from some reflection.

No comments:

Post a Comment