Thursday 13 February 2014

Strategy for Acting. Strategy for Life.

Most people lead two lives. One personal, the other professional. Performers are no different. In fact I would say they juggle with a slightly more complex dynamic: the personal life, and two professional lives. The career we strive for, and the job we do to support our ambitions.
We are often faced with social and work place politics. Situations that draw on our precious time. It is at these times we need a strategy, a way of keeping us on track.
Recently, I had situations arise at work and where I am currently living. These both took up a considerable amount of my time and focus. The problem was that most of that time was not spent on dealing with said situations but obsessing about them.
In the end I employed a self reflective approach. I established my priorities and began to let go of the things that did not pertain to those priorities.
My current study is a priority. My continuing development as a professional performer is a priority. What "he said, she said" is not.
If I aim to fulfil my ambition, I must focus. A reflective process, a mental priority planner, a perspective lense. These are all parts of my strategy to maintain life as a professional performer.

No comments:

Post a Comment