Thursday 3 April 2014

We are Detective

I have found that by applying an acting strategy to my research I am able to glean more from the literature.
Let me explain.
When given a script we are taught to take a methodical approach.
First read the script for what it is - a story.
Read it again. Picking up on neuonses.
Read again looking at your character. What people say about him/her and what they say about themselves.

There are more steps to this process,  but I think this highlights the approach I am taking to my literature. Even if it's one paragraph, one quote, be a detective.
In quotes sometimes people tell you more about themselves, their approach,  their craft -  if you read between the lines. Of course, once you've done this you must find more evidence to substantiate your claim.
But finding evidence is what a good detective does.

No comments:

Post a Comment