Friday 14 June 2013

Assignment 4a

As I am still formulating my Inquiry I have posed four question( more to come later).
Be it artist, dancer, actor, we all face physical and mental challenges in the pursuit of our craft. Although my questions are directed to actors, I feel they easily can apply to anyone going through the creative process.

1. Nerves: do you get them during the creative process/ performance? Are they help or hindrance?
2. When asked, some actors say they fear "being found out." What does this mean to you?
3. What does it mean to you to " to be in the moment." ?
4. What does it mean to you to be a "professional" actor?

2 comments:

  1. Q1: I find nerves give you that extra 'something' in a performance. If not managed well though I can understand how they can hinder a performer.
    Q2: To me it relates to an actors confidence and insecurity in there performance.I think people who use that phrase are referring to the audience realizing there are not really that good. Most of us are very self critical.
    Q3: To be in the moment is to be truly listening to the other actor. Responding genuinely and openly.
    Q4: For me the term professional actor refers to someone who earns a living from acting alone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions.
      I foundl your opinion thought provoking and beneficial.
      Thanks again.

      Delete